James Lawless is pleased to announce that following his representations,Bus Eireann have agreed an extension to the 126N nightlink service.
Following these discussions, the company has agreed to extend the service for the next six weeks to see people up to and past the Christmas period.
James commented, “While Bus Eireann maintain that the service is operating at a loss, the NTA have agreed to cover costs over the next few weeks to ensure people have a safe means of transport to get back home from Christmas outing in Dublin.”
“The service will be examined again in the New Year. I want to thank Bus Éireann and the NTA for working with me on extending the service and I will press in the interim for clarity and consultation on what happens in the new year.”
James Lawless TD is pleased to confirm members of the Balyna Group Water Scheme will be refunded.
This scheme includes members from Broadford, Johnstownbridge, Cadamstown, Kilshanroe and surrounding areas.
James commented, “This is something I have regularly raised in the Dail and with senior council officials.The council will be writing to members in the coming week with this notice. This is not ordinarily done by the Department but given the exceptional circumstances residents will be getting refunds-something which is very welcome.”
James Lawless along with the seven other Kildare Oireachtas Representatives has met with the National Transport Authority to discuss public transport services for County Kildare.
James raised the following points :
1) Insufficient capacity on commuter trains going unto Dublin, and similarly insufficient capacity on LUAS trams feeding into the city.
2) insufficient space at Sallins Rail Station Carpark:
3) The need to change trains at Hazelhatch on homeward journeys to Sallins using the new City Centre services due to start next month.
4) The necessity for later trains returning from Dublin to serve Kilcock for commuters.
5) The need to expand the Feeder Bus Network.
6) Request on an update on Busconnects following Public Consultations.
7) The need for requested stops along the route of the 139 Bus service.
James has outlined the following response he received from the NTA.
Continue reading “LAWLESS RAISES COMMUTERS CONCERNS WITH NTA”